Sunday, March 13, 2011

Fresh Greek Veggie Salad & Ginger/Cherry/Almond Chocolate

One of my favorite lunches is a simple, fresh diced veggie salad drizzled with lemon/lime, grapeseed/olive oil. You can really play around with the veggie combos and spices. For valentines, my mother in law sent us a set of different artisan oils and vinegars. One of which is an awesome arbequina, which I've only had in restaurants. I love to invents salad dressings, and this gave me even more ideas. There is an amazing blueberry balsamic in the set, and I just use it alone, too perfect to add anything to! Anyway.. if you love to play around too, you may like this salad (or have already invented it on your own)! The recipe itself is from a moosewood (the cafe not mollie katzen) cookbook... the Cook at Home one I believe. I've made it so many times, I just throw it together now. This might now be the exact recipe, but this is how I make it:

Fresh Greek Veggie Salad
1/2 cucumber (scrape out insides) dice
1 tomato dice
1/2 red onion dice
3-4 cloves garlic crushed (I love garlic- this may be strong)
1/2 red pepper dice
1 full cup diced parsley ( I love parsley.. may be a lot for some)
1 avocado dice
1/2 cup olives (kalamata/black) quartered
Mix together

Dressing:
I drizzle over:
1 tsp of arbequina
1 tsp lemon or lime juice
1 tsp good dried oregano
a couple grinds of sweet long black pepper
a pinch or two of salt

Mix again and Enjoy! You could also add in feta cheese (I believe the original recipe does)

I usually eat this entire thing for lunch. Double if serving for more than 1 person...

Cherry/Almond/Candied Ginger
Oh my... I got to talking about making homemade chocolate yesterday with someone and just had to make some today. Today I made chocolate with dried cherries, almonds, and chunks of homemade candied ginger! Delicious! But a bit rich for me right now (as eating a piece quickly told).
Here's the link for homemade chocolate: http://runhardeatclean.blogspot.com/2011/01/raw-chocolate.html

11 comments:

  1. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing this data. I truly like your blog entry definitely. You have truly shared an enlightening and fascinating blog entry with individuals.. Fat Loss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just pure brilliance from you here. I have never expected something less than this from you and you have not disappointed me at all. I suppose you will keep the quality work going on. hire a hacker cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful article, thanks for putting this together! This is obviously one great post. Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here. Natural baby products

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is the best portal to pay bills online within minutes without any complications. It avails maximum possible flexibility to users to complete their tasks in real quick time. Apart from bill payments it also avails most popular and reputed brands products to customers in affordable prices. PayTM came into existence in 2010. merchant services iso program

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was satisfied to discover this site.I needed to thank you for this incredible read!! I unquestionably getting a charge out of each and every piece of it and I have you bookmarked to look at new stuff you post. become a credit card processor

    ReplyDelete
  6. I expected to thank you for this wonderful read!! I certainly loved every single bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to take a gander at the new stuff you post. how to start a payment processing company

    ReplyDelete
  7. Much refreshing such an incredible sum for this information. I have to disclose to you I concede to a couple of the centers you make here and others may require some further review, anyway I can see your point of view. How to Sell Merchant Services

    ReplyDelete
  8. On the off chance that you don"t brain continue with this uncommon work and I foresee a more noteworthy measure of your eminent blog sections. Starting a Credit Card Processing Company

    ReplyDelete
  9. This a decent method to welcome the instructor as they put their endeavors to prepare understudies. UK exposition Writers acknowledges the educators. Merchant Services Sales Training

    ReplyDelete
  10. visit site q2u64e4e23 aaa replica bags replica bags lv w6m40x0k39 Discover More l9r07p7x30 replica louis vuitton bag replica bags bangkok v9q32j8k41 replica bags hong kong Visit This Link n2r18j4m54 replica nappy bags

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...