Monday, February 14, 2011

I Made a Baby!

The Momma Scoby Day 1
My Scoby had a baby that is! S.C.O.B.Y stands for: Symbiotic Colony of Bacteria and Yeast and is the living culture at the root of Kombucha, which you may have heard of. Kombucha is a fermented drink that touts many health benefits, including the ever elusive amino acid crew.
The Baby is Floating on Top
 There is a lot to learn about it, so I won't bore you with the details. Google is pretty helpful. I also recommend contacting Leslie at KombuChick, who is the know-all- queen of the Kombu and helped make me (finally!!!!) a successful Kombucha homebrewer! I got my Scoby from her. She sells everything you need to get started + fun and creative additives like Strawberry Galanga chips (the flavor I'm brewing in swingtops).
Ready to be Flavored (or Enjoyed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...